Then and Now: Baltimore’s Penn Station to be restored, expanded

Built in 1911 on the site of two previous train stations, Baltimore’s Penn Station represents “the peak of railroad development” in the city, according to the station’s 1975 nomination form for the National Register of Historic Places, written by Barbara Hoff, then executive director of Baltimore’s Commission for Historical and Architectural Preservation. The station was the culmination of an almost centurylong process that began with the founding of the Baltimore and Ohio Railroad in 1828 — a transformative moment in the city’s history that enabled it to compete with the Erie Canal for access to valuable western trade routes.

The beaux-arts

Balaji Hume pipes

Hume pipes

RCC Hume Pipes

Reinforced Concrete Cement Pipes

RCC Manhole Covers

This post was originally published on this site